John Adams

"Children are our best natural resource..."
--Herbert Hoover

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Monday, March 11, 2k19 - Mr. Barry's Class

Hey #davis7, I am unable to be there today as I am stuck in New York City because of flight problems.  I know you miss me even though I do not miss you.  Here's what y'all got today!

On Thursday, y'all read about the Treaty of Versailles, y'all watched a movie about the treaty, and then y'all read about Woodrow Wilson's Fourteen Points speech and the League of Nations.  It's too bad the League of Nations failed too, huh?  Oh well...Gotta move on Woodrow Wilson!...So, World War I ends and the League of Nations is accepted by a lot of countries in Europe, but NOT the United States.  The League of Nations actually fails big time too because of what happened in Europe from 1920-1930...I would like you to read the following part of the World Wars Doc together as a class:

Contributing Factors to World War II:  Treaty of Versailles, Militarism Part II, League of Nations Failed, Germany invades Poland...  When finished, please watch the following flick and answer the following Q for a HW grade:  Do you think World War I and the results lead to World War II?  Explain why/why not.    Please have this turned in either by the end of the period or when you come to class for Day 2 this week...It can be handwritten or typed...DETAILS!!!!